Founded in 2015, Subsea Integration Alliance is a worldwide nonincorporated partnership between OneSubsea and Subsea 7 developed to jointly design, develop, and deliver integrated subsea development solutions through the combination of subsurface expertise; subsea production systems (SPS); subsea processing systems; subsea umbilicals, risers, and flowlines (SURF) systems; and life-of-field services. Its goal is delivering complementary technology and expertise that help customers extend field life and lower production costs, ensuring greater certainty of recovery and return on the investment.
OneSubsea leverages the expertise, global footprint, and technology innovation of Cameron and Schlumberger, enabling a step change in reservoir recovery. Its portfolio includes subsurface, subsea production, and processing systems as well as solutions for subsea systems in HPHT fields.
Subsea 7 is a leading provider of seabed-to-surface engineering, construction, and services combined with strategic technology programs that reduce cost, increase reliability, and create value for customers. Its portfolio includes SURF and conventional, life of field, renewables and heavy-lifting.
Integrated Technical Capabilities
One point of contact delivers comprehensive solutions for complex subsea projects—from early engineering engagement to production assurance and beyond.
Our combined expertise includes
- petrotechnical services and asset modeling
- production assurance and subsea system architecture design
- integrated field development planning, project management and offshore execution
- subsea production and processing systems, including customized subsea boosting and compression solutions
- pipe-lay, heavy-lift, flex-lay, and construction planning and execution
- flowline and riser systems design to installation
- production system monitoring and management
- life of field and services support.
Enhanced Project Delivery
Subsea Integration Alliance engineers work as a single project team, providing efficiency that translates to multiple advantages compared with conventional practices.
- Earlier engagement—We integrate and deliver all levels of execution—design, component testing, quality assurance, scheduling, logistics planning, risk management, fabrication, site testing, loadout, installation, and precommissioning—as one team. As a result, customers achieve cost and schedule assurance, globally optimized system designs, integrated design verification and testing, and reduced risks.
- Standardized solutions—Common workflows, systems, and services for addressing historical challenges are available as standardized packages, which helps to increase delivery and deployment speed and reduce risk.
- Versatile contract models—Early project involvement enables the alliance to tailor a contract approach for each project according to the customer's objectives, from a more traditional two-contract approach through to an integrated EPCI program.
Technical example: Umbilical termination assemblies (UTAs)
A common time-consuming and complex aspect of subsea operations is the wide range of umbilical termination assemblies (UTAs). Their sizes, shapes, weights, and handling points vary widely across the industry, making installation challenging and time sensitive. The Alliance standardized its UTAs to accommodate 80% of all subsea projects, which reduces engineering costs and operational risks.